Open Tuesday-Friday: 10AM-7PM | Saturday: 10AM-4PM | (651) 645-1172
It’s winter. Only the most insane among us are out riding this time of year, so for the rest of us we need fun ways to stay warm. Enter Pinewood Derby for adults! Last year was a ton of fun so we’re stoked to make it happen again.
This year we’re holding the event at Grumpy’s Roseville location on February 20. Registration is $5 per car. Weigh-in begins at 3:00 pm with racing starting at 6:00 pm.
Just like last year, we’re racing three classes: Vintage, Stock and Open Mod. All cars must pass tech inspection
Rules for VINTAGE
1. Must be a true vintage pine wood derby car.
2. This is a 5 oz weight class.
3. If any original parts are broken (wheels, axles), new parts my be used in place. In the spirit of things, we ask that you try to use all vintage parts if possible. If modifications must be made, please try to use standard BSA rules/parts and apply to you’re older car.
Rules for STOCK
1. Standard Boy Scouts Rules – Here’s the official PDF.
Rules for OPEN MOD
1. This is an 8 oz weight class. It will make for a heavy car but should mean good racing.
2. Nothing on/in the car that would damage the race track in any way.
3. No propellants or propulsion of any kind — see rule #2.
4. Other than that, use your imagination.
You can see some photos from last year’s event here.
© 2011 All Rights Reserved, designed by TeoThemes